Author Topic: Processing  (Read 1180 times)

John

• View Profile
Re: Processing
« Reply #15 on: 03. September 2016, 11:49:03 »
Before I abandon V7, I'll post a comment on their forum and see if they have a fix.

V8 is Google's open source high-performance JavaScript engine, written in C++.

Sorry, not interested in trying to make a C++ JavaScript engine work as a C extension module for scriba.
« Last Edit: 03. September 2016, 12:00:52 by John »

Tomaaz

« Reply #16 on: 03. September 2016, 17:58:13 »
Duktape or Mujs?

What about creating library with Processing functions? That would be something. I even don't know how difficult that would be, but at least we are back on topic. ;)

EDIT I've tried the example with JSDB based on SpiderMonkey. It's much slower than Node, but just a little bit slower than Python.
« Last Edit: 03. September 2016, 18:25:02 by Tomaaz »

John

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03. September 2016, 19:51:08 »
Sorry about taking your thread OT. If V7 is still is of interest, I have a thread going on All BASIC.

Tomaaz

« Reply #18 on: 04. September 2016, 23:19:23 »
No worries. ;) I'm interested in JavaScript. It just shouldn't be in this topic. The problem is that, even if we start a new topic, I can't see anyone else joining us. So, it shouldn't be on this forum either. ;)

John

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04. September 2016, 23:50:55 »
You could join the All BASIC forum and start a Processing thread.

I just reviewed your Python results again and noticed that like V7 the greater the recursion the more in the toilet it goes. Too bad V8 is C++. It looks fast.

I downloaded V8 and might take a shot at trying to integrate it with AIR's JADE C++ version of C BASIC.

What a nightmare trying to round up the dependencies to build V8. I took a peek at a couple samples and C++ isn't my cup of tea. I'm going to stay the V7 route for now.
« Last Edit: 05. September 2016, 07:29:54 by John »